Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An Embarrassment of Riches


This past weekend my bridesmaids threw me a FANTASTIC shower at my mother's house. It was wonderful -- lots of my favorite things -- mimosas, strawberries, family and friends. 

My favorite moment: Opening my white, handmade afghan from my Grandma Hoying. Her crocheting skills are amazing...and she only makes white blankets for future brides. Mine was a long time coming. 



Here's my favorite gift: The CUTEST lil' deep fryer EVER.
Just perfect for two.



Said chocolate-covered strawberries...mmm...


My bestie, Katie, who is a lovely and talented dentist practicing in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

Family gathered...

Friends perched high on a lofty tower! (The floating head is my bridesmaid and friend, Kaye, of earlier posts). She was so great that day (and every day!) helping and facilitating the whole she-bang. From left to right: Katie, Lori, Brandie, Jessica, Jen, Jamie, Nicki, Theresa. Thanks so much, ladies! I have the best friends in the world. Thank you thank you thank you for celebrating our special day!



And Jeremy is thankful, too! Especially for the fryer. :) 


No comments: