Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The Christmas season was kicked off in a major way. After Thanksgiving Day, I tagged along with Mom and Dad to Chicago. It was perfect. Except Jeremy couldn't come...and except for the unnecessary silent treatment I recieived on the drive up. Really, Dad, I was only 35 minutes late for our departure! And I was only late because I was hanging out with this party gal. 

Thanks for lunch, Grandma! Happy Thanksgiving!



Mom and Dad finally forgave me, in enough time for me to play personal shopper and get them ready for their big wedding reception at The Peninsula. 



They clean up nicely, don't you think?

No trip to Chicago would be complete without a visit to my bestie, Meredith. We tried out Zed 451 and Pops For Champagne!

Love this girl.
David and his buddy. Hope you are feeling better, soon!


Okay, as many of you know, champagne is my favorite drink. Well, maybe only second to Slim Fast (of recent recall notoriety, which is REALLY complicating my normal breakfast routine).  Meredith and I had been planning on visiting Pops For Champagne since we finished residency. Unfortunately, the 25-dollar a glass (!) cocktails were a bit of a disappointment. Yikes. I only stayed for one drink, but it was a nice finish to a lovely evening on the town.



Mom and I got plenty of shopping in! I am officially finished with my Christmas list!

I love this tree--its by Bloomingdale's and Williams-Sonoma on Michigan avenue. Lovely.

The MOST wonderful time of the year...and to top it off, tonight is the Nationwide Children's Hospital Medical Staff party! The most wonderful NIGHT of the year! Too bad hubby is on his annual boys' trip HERE and won't be in attendance.

No comments: