Sunday, March 17, 2013

Holy Cow!

Harry Carey?
We went to Chicago for a babymoon. Another great mini-trip with the Mr. We missed our Boobah, but had a great time exploring the city, and it was good to have some quality time before the arrival of #2.

In chronological order, we enjoyed:

1. In-room strawberries and chocolate (a little splurge!)
2. Giordano's Chicago-style Pizza
3. Room Service
Peaceful.
Lovely orchid.
4. The Field Museum
Jeremy about to get eaten by Sue, the largest T-Rex skeleton in the world!
The Ghost and the Darkness
I'm a little nervy myself!
5. The Big Ten Basketball Tournament! At the United Center.
A great basketball player. And a statue of Michael Jordan. ;)

Go team!
Selfies at the game!

6. Lawry's for prime rib-husby's favie

7. Late-night drinks at the Ritz-Carlton lounge (I had a decaf coffee, ahem)

8. Brunch at the John Hancock Tower Signature Room
Nice view! Breakfast is so relaxing without a constant stream of Cheerios falling on the floor. 
Believe it or not, I shot this from the ladies' room!
Retrospectively, it does seem like we ate a LOT! But brunch is most certainly my favorite meal, and our little lady (arriving July!) seems to be making mommy very, very hungry! And, in our defense, we walked a whole bunch...my tootsies are pouty and my face is smiling. It is good to be home.

9. Now where are my Girl Scout cookies?

1 comment:

The Stoycheffs said...

Congratulations on your little lady!! Must've missed that memo. Looks like an awesome trip. Always take time for your relationship! Blessings on the rest of your pregnancy!