Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Halle!



My niece, Halle, turns 6 today! WOW! 



The night Halle was born, I was in the pre-clinical dental lab casting a my first gold crown for a tooth. Funny, I remembered thinking, "Someday I'll melt this crown down and make her a piece of jewelry..." Yeah, haven't gotten close to a casting furnace since...sorry, Halle, I'll have to get your jewelry the old fashioned way...from a store, not from a creepy dentist!

In honor of Halle, here is a picture of her at her first dental appointment ( I think she was three...). 




That's an adult-sized papoose board there, folks, for anyone asking...not a great day at the office when you break one of those out!

It did NOT go very well, as you can maybe tell (no papoose though!), but of course, we spoiled her at Build-A-Bear anyway. I remember that day, me asking her if she liked her bear...to which she replied, "Its not a bear, Aunt Kara, its a Hello Kitty!" Well, duh...
 


Happy Birthday, sweetie! May you always stay as kind and concerned and helpful as you are today! Love Aunt Kara and Uncle Jeremy and Cousin Peanut. :)

No comments: