Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Shower of the Century

I wish I had more pictures from this wonderful occasion. My dearie friends Megann and Liz did everything and more.  There were over 25 guests! And a gazillion cookies and games and presents and three different kinds of milk and fresh flowers and handmade invitations and lots of love abound. 
A "Cookies and Milk" themed shower. What could be sweeter?

Even the notoriously picky eater, Lisa, found a yummy to smile about!

I remember being nervous that morning. I don't usually get nervous, and I don't mind being the center of attention.  In fact sometimes I rather like it...shocker, I know! I was getting really bashful, surrounded by all that kindness. When Liz and Megann started putting up all the cool decorations --pom poms from the ceiling, paper straws and lanterns--well, I had to take a little break in my room to calm down. I hot rolled my hair to distract myself, for crying out loud. So random.

Hey its me and a diaper wreath! 
Fortunately, I kept my emotional cookies together and there were only a few happy tears at this shower, specifically:

1. Upon opening my dear, wise friend Cecilia's THREE crib sheets. Cecilia and her sage advice about jobs, life, and crib sheets have served me well for almost five years. She is a real smart cookie. And makes fantastic apple butter. And also is an amazing pediatric dentist. Specicially, on the crib sheets, you need three, and should layer them all on the bed with a waterproof mattress pads so you don't have to redress the bed in the middle of the night! Brills.

2. Holding the handmade quilt from bestie, Megann for the first time. It is so soft and beautifully made. I have lovingly held it in my hands many times since April 1st.  I can't wait to take a naked newborn picture of our little man all cuddled up in it.

3. Seeing the "onesie garland" across our mantel. I didn't take it down for days. Same goes for the diaper wreath. Liz, you are amazing and creative and I can't wait to steal those ideas when someone I really care has a baby shower!

Some other moms came up for the day, too. 


It was one of the best days ever. Ever. 


Ever. 

Thanks. And may life smile back at you through the camera lens, too.

No comments: