Monday, October 6, 2008

A few things on fall...




Hey, do you remember the Great Pumpkin?





You know, from the Peanuts cartoon special that came on around Halloween? When Linus waited all night and the Great Pumpkin didn't show? Gosh I loved that cartoon, officially titled, "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."  The Christmas special is great, too. I love Peanuts for about 1000 reasons--simple animation, a SOLID, subtle moral, and written with a heavy hand towards the bittersweet, even for kids. Really, how many times would Lucy pull the ball from Charlie Brown just before he kicked? Also, my friend Kaye can play the theme on the piano, and my sister Kelly played Lucy in the school play one year. 

Here are my own versions of Peanut and the Great Pumpkins! Hey, and check out that awesome mum! :) 
    
My friend Tiffany at work gave us this little cutie, affectionately called a "Squashkin." When I brought it home, Jeremy immediately held it like a football and asked me to drop back for a pass. Ahh...boys.

Other great things about fall:
Spiced candles smell better now
Sweaters
Chili with all the fixins' on Sundays
Daylight Savings Time and "Fall Back" (Mom's favorite day of the year!)
Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks
Leaves changing color and getting to fully appreciate them as I drive to and from Columbus each week...

Mmm...I can smell my spiced pear candle already! Yay for fall!

2 comments:

Megann said...

You said it Lady!

The Rindlers said...

Halle & Emersyn want to know what Peanut is going to dress up for Halloween??