Monday, April 20, 2009

Starbucks Wifi

5:11pm: Enter Starbucks, Marysville, OH. 

Me: Do you have Wi-Fi?

Counter Guy: Do you have a registered Starbucks Card?

Me: Um...I have a least five Starbucks cards...I think there is a collective $.72 on them...no, they aren't registered.

Counter Guy: Okay, its really easy, just register the card and you can get free Wi-Fi here.

Me: Great! (rummage through purse...past eight lip glosses, old receipts, powder brush and phone) No Starbucks card in sight.

Me: Okay, give me a card with $10 on it.

Counter Guy: Which one? I like the doves.

Me: (getting frustrated...if I was at Panera I'd already have sent my email and Power Point attachment to Rachel for Friday's dental health fair!) Doves are great! Fine!

5:25pm: Still no internet access. After seemingly HOURS of navigating the Starbucks registration site...at&t WiFi site...SBC global website...Counter Guy thinks something wrong with Marysville tower b/c HIS iTouch won't access the internet, nor will my iPhone. I feel like I'm on a desert island.

5:30pm: Online!! WooHoo

5:35:pm: Consistent error messages from yahoo! trying to send my huge attachments! Are you kidding me?

5:45pm: Success! Email sent, one less thing on my to-do list! Now off to Big Boy for Mom's Bday Dinner! Dad will probably just say, "things were better when we only had CB radios and the postal service...


:) But I did get a free coffee out of it! :) 

No comments: