Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Woo woo! We're are just getting back to our normal lives right now. Jeremy and I have had a great couple of weeks...Christmas...New Year's Eve...we've been all over the place!

The holidays were super! Why can't they last all year? I loved hanging out with the Rindler girls! So cute!

Also, I get to announce a new member of our family:
Our new Kitchen-Aid mixer. I love it, love it, love it. I received it from my mom and dad, but incidentally, Jeremy's mom also got one for me. I have used it at least 3 times already. Try yours out with this recipe, from my gal pal Kandice (who just had her third little munchkin, Audrey, on New Year's Eve! Kandice is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside): 

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 C. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1 C. sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 evaporated milk
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. flour
2 1/2 T. butter, melted
1/2 C. pecan pieces


Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix the first six ingredients and place into a 2-quart casserole dish. Combine last four ingredients and sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy. 

I made that yummy casserole for a Christmas day feast with Jeremy's mom, sister Erin, and Grandpa Hatler. (unfortch, Jeremy's grandma is not well and is in the hospital for the holidays).  The night before, we celebrated with Jeremy's dad, stepmother and sister, and then I went to Midnight Mass at St. Joe's in town. I had never been to Midnight Mass, and it was pretty cool! Next year Jeremy better go along, or I'm going to re-enact some passive-aggressive mood swings like I did this year.

Anywho, Christmas day was a great day. Jeremy and I spent the whole day together, eating and opening presents and hanging out with this family. I felt like a real grown-up...check out the sweet apron Santa brought and Jeremy's new "Lundberg" shirt (remember, like the boss from Office Space?).



Hope you had  a Merry Christmas, too! :) Up next: Me getting around to blogging about New Year's Eve! And Jeremy's new job! :) And trying to avoid the January Blues! ( I get them every year...) 

No comments: